We want the telcos to provide AT LEAST 80% of their prepaid, postpaid and business subscribers, the GUARANTEED minimum speed as stated in the purchased package at the cheapest possible rate.
We want for greater transparency from the telco industry and the government with respect to Internet usage. Broadband service providers shall have a minimum service reliability of 80%.
We want to increase the competitiveness of the country's internet speed and access to boost productivity and to spur economic growth through BPOs AND SMEs, PARTICULARLY online-based enterprises.
We want more industry players to avoid monopoly.
Optional Reading: Why Internet is slow in the Philippines.
Why is this important?
1. We want our hard-earned money's worth.
2. Productivity suffers without fast, reliable and accessible Internet.
3. We want to talk to our loved ones everywhere in the world through video.
4. The World Bank says that investment in broadband boosts GDP. We want that.
5. Businesses and government are coming up with e-services, and citizens can't take advantage of it, with terrible Internet. SMEs, BPOs and Online-based enterprises are waiting for growth.
6. Entertainment apps--- locally streamed videos, and music are waiting to explode, and legitimate subscription/ownership surely can help curb priacy as well as create new revenue avenues for artists, studios, telcos--- so win win for everyone.